Wednesday, July 27, 2011

how we met :)

this time of the year always reminds me of when i met clint so i thought i'd share the story {and maybe some embarrassing pictures} with you..

{warning longest post ever because of so many pictures}

it was this day four years ago {a few days before my 16th birthday} and i was at a friends house having game night. clint stopped by {and i had no idea who he was} i was getting ready to leave and reminded everyone of my birthday dinner the next night--i felt bad and said to clint "hey--you can come too!" thinking i was just being polite--no way this complete stranger will show up--sure enough the dinner rolls around and clint's there.

we went swimming that night and i kept getting looks when he was talking to someone--then they'd come up and say "he thinks your cute" blah blah blah--you know how it is when you're in high school. everyone told him to give up because i didn't date anyone {glad he didn't listen!} then we play a game of chicken and he asked to be my partner {oh my gosh i was shy--you know me and my friends talked about it ALL that night--our conversation went something like this: "oh my gosh he asked YOU--he sooo likes you, do you like him?"}

that night i got texts from our mutual guy friends asking me what i thought {i'm no idiot--i knew clint was sitting right next to them} so i played it cool. clint started "randomly" showing up to a lot of our events {he went to the enemy school-ha so it wasn't common} homecoming comes around and i ask him--when he comes outside to see my dress one night, it's really awkward--as we're saying our goodbyes he leans in to kiss me for the first time and i kid you not it was the worlds fastest kiss--more like a head-butt, and i slammed the door and drove off as clint ran back inside hahaha. most embarrassing moment ever.

let me just say. i wasn't boy crazy, clint was/is my first (and only) boyfriend.  so kissing at the time? yeah not my specialty--i didn't get my first kiss until going into my junior year. i was NERVOUS okay? ha. we had lots of "downs" in the beginning because of different lifestyles and just growing up {aka-i was kind of a goody two-shoes didn't/don't drink, party, kind of played hard to get and was picky--well i just wasn't boy crazy and wasn't going to settle! ha} BUT! he eventually asked me out {for real} at dinner {olive garden} and had a little note on my plate when it was served. cheesey? yes. but still so cute :) we both found God, matured, fell in love and have been together for almost four years :) {January 19, 2008} we are SO blessed to have each other, he is my BEST friend and i wouldn't want it any other way :) want some pictures from along the way? {tons of pictures.}




sorry i don't know how to make fancy collages but this is the best i could do to condense it a bit! two songs i think describe us best?

Blake Shelton: God Gave me You
"Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it’s true
God gave me you"

Tim McGraw: My Best Friend
"You’re more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Everytime I look at you
I don’t know where I’d be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You’re my best friend
You’re my best friend"

yours truly,
kelley mackenzie

3 comments:

Gentri said...

Aw! This is so cute! I love hearing peoples love stories!!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

aw, i love this! y'all are super cute. xx

Amber Plunkett said...

Yes, it most definitely started awkwardly with those typical high school questions!!!! And then it just got plain weird, weird as in making up our own languages and making Clint listen to them (comFYY!). He is a good man for that reason alone! So incredibly happy for the both of you!